Home Farm Sustainability Hub, Keele
Keele University Sustainability Hub acts as a focus for the research into, teaching of, and management for sustainability and green technology that takes place at Keele University. It incorporates the following green energies: Photo-voltaic panels, solar thermal hot water, bio-mass boiler, wind turbine.
Poole Dick acted as lead consultant and cost managers on the project, and are now tenants of the completed building, with our Stoke office being based at Home Farm.
The scheme consisted of the internal remodelling and refurbishment of a derelict ‘model’ farm house and outbuildings to provide BREEAM excellent exhibition, teaching and commercial office space. Other points of interest on this scheme included:
- Historic building with retained original features
- Sensitive planning position
- Buildings listed and de-listed on appeal
- Phased demolition and internal steel frame
- Protection to building during demolition
< Back to listing